Drivers should continue to expect significant backups on I-81 and Route 11 in northern Rockbridge County and southern Augusta County until the interstate fully reopens and congestion eases. 6:50AM 7 minutes ago Update: Crash: SB on I-81 at MM16.8 (0.6mi south of US-58ALT/VA-75 Exit17) in Washington Co. 1 SB travel lane closed. Two people were killed in a two-vehicle crash on I-81 Tuesday afternoon. A crash shut down the southbound lanes at MM 217 on Saturday night. A 2020 . At 1:44 p.m., Tuesday, August 9, Virginia State Police responded to a crash involving two-tractors trailers along Interstate 81 at the 296 mile-marker in Shenandoah County. Chambersburg, PA - Injury-Causing Car Accident on I-81 at PA-997 Read More > 28 February, 2023 Falling Waters. Is the rest of the city getting fair representation? I-81 Virginia real time traffic, road conditions, Virginia constructions, current driving time, current average speed and Virginia accident reports. STAUNTON Virginia State Police said one person was killed Monday in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 in Augusta County that involved two tractor-trailers and a car. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. (Map: Will Gonzalez/WRIC). At about 4:25 p.m., police said a 2015 Provost Charter Bus and a 2021 Chrysler Minivan were slowing for traffic in the northbound right lane of I-81, at the 137.4-mile marker. There were seven people in the van at the time of the crash. 28 February, 2023 Pittston. Motorists should follow police directions. The department said all southbound lanes in this area are closed at this time. 4, 2021 at 1:35 PM PDT. VDOT: All interstate lanes have reopened in Shenandoah County. VDOT also suggests northbound I-81 drivers may consider this alternate route: Exit 150B in Botetourt County to Route 220 Alternate, then Route 460 east, Route 29 north and I-64 west to return to I-81. . This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CHILHOWIE, Va. (WJHL) Officials warned drivers that a crash on I-81 southbound in Washington County, Virginia, will cause traffic delays as crews work the scene. Minor Delays. Exit 16 of. Martinsburg, WV - Collision on I-81 at WV-9 Results in Injuries. Get daily news, weather, breaking news and alerts straight to your inbox! Purltebaugh was pronounced dead at the scene, but after investigating, troopers discovered that he had crashed his own vehicle on nearby Shawnee Drive, walking away from that accident and onto I-81. Virginia State Police responded to the crash involving AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly crash that happened on I-81 south at mile marker 218 on Saturday night. The Virginia Department of Transportation announced that traffic is being detoured after the crash on I-81 southbound near mile marker 34.1. Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. As of 7:19 p.m. northbound traffic is backed up 8 miles, while southbound traffic is seeing 2 miles of congestion. Traffic was detoured off of I-81 at exit 296 near Strasburg and rejoined I-81 southbound at exit 277 at Bowmans Crossing. Settings Done. Read More Fatal crash in Wythe County under investigation Virginia Bishop McDevitt student killed in I-81 south crash Local News / 3 weeks ago. Louisa County Sheriff Donnie Lowe told The Daily Progress he was keeping the Luck family and the families of the other victims in his prayers. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. TUCKER CARLSON: Here is the main thing you need to know about Joe Biden. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Shooting under investigation in Colonial Heights, Interim JCPD chief: Changes made after Voe lawsuit, TBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Johnson, Interim Johnson City police chief excited to make, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day. Eyewitness News was set up on Route 901 at the Minersville exit overlooking Interstate 81. At this time, all . According to police, the Chrysler was hit by a 2018 Freightliner tractor-trailer from behind, leading the Chrysler to hit the Provost Charter Bus. A two-vehicle crash claimed the life of one New Market man Sunday evening on Interstate 81. Partially blocked . Now, the Gordonsville brewery is stepping up to give back to those who helped her. The Virginia State Police have been investigating the crash. STAGECOACH, Nev. (AP) All five people aboard a medical transport flight, including a patient, were killed in a plane crash Friday night in a mountainous area in northern Nevada. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. He was born in 1942 in the first half of the last century. Multiple lanes of I-81 South reopen just north of Christiansburg Drivers heading into the New River Valley may experience some delays on Monday afternoon. Dec 15, 2022 KINGPSORT POLICE DEPARTMENT KINGSPORT A five-vehicle pileup in the northbound lanes of Interstate 81 on Thursday morning led to the death of a West Virginia man. There are several confirmed injuries. All rights reserved. Police say the crash of a truck into a group of 20 bicyclists on a bridge that killed two and injured nearly all the rest of a Phoenix area cy NYC mayor's brother set to leave his City Hall . When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Shenandoah Valley News. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Authorities say a 2015 Provost Charter Bus and a 2021 Chrysler Minivan were slowing [] Updated: Jan 31, 2023 / 03:54 PM EST. The north right lane and right shoulder are closed. Today. The car then struck two trees before crashing and catching fire less than a mile away from Goldmine Road, according to police. I-81 - VA-I-81-3 4. Purltebaugh was killed after he walked away from a crash on Pawnee Drive and onto I-81. Three people were killed when two tractor trailers and two passenger vehicles crashed on I-81 South Wednesday afternoon. Hollins University. Virginia . I-81 West Virginia Live Traffic, Construction and Accident Report. This is a developing story. Northbound traffic is being diverted off the road at Exit 137. The Cavaliers led 28-23 at the half after hitting 10 of their last 20 shots. According to Virginia State Police, a tractor trailer was. Have a news tip? An upcoming grand opening is on the horizon as Food Lion brings its newest store to the Inwood, West Virginia, region. Blue star paramedic symbol and phone number on emergency truck. The crash at mile marker 137.9, in between Salem exists, has closed all northbound traffic. Virginia State Police are asking that anybody who witnessed the fatal crash to call (540)-623-3569 or email questions@vsp.virginia.org. Brad Zinn is the cops, courts and breaking news reporter at The News Leader. The teenager who died in a Louisa County car crash on Friday night has been identified as Chase Luck. Police say a Subaru Forester was headed north in the southbound lanes of the interstate when it collided head-on with a southbound Nissan Frontier shortly after 9 p.m. Jennifer L. Nichols, 39, of Birmingham. Drivers were urged to avoid traveling I-81 or use an alternate route to avoid the congestion, officials said. 6:36AM The wreck occurred on southbound I-81, 2.1 miles north of Sterrett Road in Rockbridge County, per a release. A news release says the. Detours are in place at this time and remain in place until the scene is cleared and vehicles removed.". and last updated 11:54 AM, Mar 09, 2022 ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY, Va. -- Troopers are working a fatal crash involving four tractor-trailers and four cars that closed Interstate 81 south in Rockbridge. INWOOD, WV 6 DAYS AGO. The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more. Dorian was a musician, just like Kweller, and released several songs under the name Zev, according to an article from Entertainment Tonight . High temperatures broke the 80-degree mark in parts of the D.C. region on Thursday, shattering records that in some cases were set over a century ago. Center Kadin Shedrick did not play Tuesday. I-81 - VA-I-81-5 5. According to the state police, Luck and four other students were in a 2006 Pontiac Torrent traveling south on Bibb Store Road on Friday night. ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY A Virginia Beach woman is dead following a car crash on Interstate 81 in Rockbridge County Sunday night, according to the Virginia State Police. Home Site. According to police, traffic in the southbound lanes had slowed down when the passenger van collided with the tractor-trailer at the 65-mile marker. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) - A crash on Interstate 81 North is causing delays in Washington County, Virginia. The crash took. Almost all of city council members elected since 2006 have come from this 'shadow ward.' If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. Traffic Crash closes Tinkling Spring Rd. The impact caused the Dodge to run off the left side of the interstate and hit a guardrail. The wreck happened about 12:40 a.m. Thursday in the northbound lanes of I-81 near the 16.4 mile marker, according to a news release from the Berkeley County (W.Va.) Sheriff's Office. "State police responded to the 600 block of Little Bit Road near . Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. 66 18 Comments 6 Shares Share He is 80 years old. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. More:Buena Vista man dead following car crash in Rockbridge County. WYTHEVILLE, Va. Virginia State Police say three people were killed when the van they were riding in collided with a tractor-trailer on Interstate 81 and overturned. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Smoke could be seen billowing from some of the wreckage. I-81 - VA-I-81-1 2. Incidents - with Detour. There are several confirmed injuries. 2023 www.newsleader.com. > I-81. That detour has ended. FROM STAFF REPORTS. Chance of rain 90%. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. No reopening estimated time has been provided by crews on scene. SAN ANTONIO (Gray News) - A Texas man is in custody in connection to a brutal dog attack that killed an 81-year-old man and wounded several others . Chase Luck has been identified as the Louisa County teenager killed in a Friday night car crash. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Our travel partner Inrix said: " A38 Eastbound. The driver of the tractor trailer was not injured and no charges are pending, according to police. The thoughts and prayers of everyone here at the Louisa County Sheriffs Office go out to the family, friends and fellow students of the LCHS teen lost in this tragic event, Lowe said in an email. Subscribe. Traffic will rejoin I-81 southbound at exit 277 at Route 614 in Bowmans Crossing. A Roanoke man killed in Saturday crash on I-81 in Augusta County. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. Copyright 2021 WHSV. Published: Apr. The trucks cargo included a flammable powder, so incident response required hazardous-materials removal before travel lanes could reopen, according to VDOT. Road Conditions. Copyright 2021 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved. The trucks cargo included a flammable powder that must be removed before northbound I-81 can reopen, according to VDOT. A news release says. Published: Feb. 25, 2023 at 10:57 PM PST. Download the free 8News and StormTracker 8 mobile apps! STAUNTON, Va. (WDBJ) - Interstate 81 is closed near Staunton because of an overturned tractor trailer. Buena Vista man dead following car crash in Rockbridge County. Crash shuts down westbound US 460 in. AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - Virginia State Police are investigating a deadly crash that happened on I-81 south at mile marker 218 on Saturday night. All rights reserved. Suspect arrested on federal charges after threat to 'blow up . Pulaski, VA - Victims Injured in Car Wreck at I-81 & VA-100. As of 5:00 p.m., it was still an active crash scene. Luck was killed in a single-car crash on Bibb Store Road that injured four other students, all between the ages of 16 and 17, who were also in the vehicle, according to Virginia State Police. ROCKBRIDGE COUNTY A Virginia Beach woman is dead following a car crash on Interstate 81 in Rockbridge County Sunday night, according to the Virginia State Police. Police responded to the fatal two-vehicle crash Sunday at 11:01 p.m. Latest I-81 Hollins Virginia News Reports. We all stand together today, as we pray for those still in harms way, we are all one family.. Police said the Nissan was then struck by a 2019 Freightliner tractor trailer which was also traveling south on I-81. Recent Accidents in Virginia - Reports, news and resources - legal information and lawyers, local websites and help for people affected by accidents Complete Virginia accident reports and news. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.. Or something that needs investigating? Latest I-81 Mt Jackson Virginia News Reports. Contact Patrick (he/him/his) atphite@newsleader.comand follow himon Twitter@Patrick_Hite. Read More . Virginia; Shenandoah; I-81; source: Bing 0 view; Feb 23, 2023 2:59pm; . Lexington, VA - At Least One Injured After Crash at I-81 & US-11. Or; Accidents; Traffic; Weather; Report An Accident; . All southbound lanes on I-81 are closed at . Virginia State Police responded to a two-vehicle crash in Wythe County on I-81 on Friday afternoon, Feb. 11, at approximately 2:45 p.m. near mile marker 64.8 involving a passenger van and a tractor-trailer. ORIGINAL STORY: Northbound Interstate 81 is expected to remain closed in Augusta County into Tuesday afternoon, possibly affecting the Tuesday evening commute, according to VDOT. The tractor-trailer came to a rest at the media. Reagan Airport reported a record high of 81 . More:Almost all of city council members elected since 2006 have come from this 'shadow ward.' Latest I-81 Shenandoah Virginia News Reports. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. 1. Police said a 2018 Ford Mustang was traveling south on I-81 at. Story ideas and tips always welcome. High 67F. All rights reserved. A GoFundMe page was created on Saturday raising money for Lucks family. The incident took place about 4 a.m. Tuesday, and required the closure of northbound I-81 near mile marker 211 in the Greenville area. At 11:19 a.m. Virginia State Police responded to a multi-vehicle crash along Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County. While traveling south on I-81, a 2009 Nissan Versa ran off the right side of the road, struck the guardrail and came to rest blocking the southbound travel lanes. All southbound lanes on I-81 are closed at mile-marker 281.5. The app features breaking news alerts, live video, weather radar, traffic incidents, closings and delays and more. VSP reported one person was transported to Johnston Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. Stay up to date on the latest from abc27 News on-air and on the go with the free. STAUNTON Virginia State Police said one person was killed Monday in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 in Augusta County that involved two tractor-trailers and a car. As of Sunday, the page had already raised more than $7,000 in less than 24 hours. July 1, 2021 - 2:34 pm. breaking 2 truckers killed on I-81 in West Virginia trying to help at crash scene For The Winchester Star Jul 3, 2021 1 Two fatalities were confirmed by Berkeley County Sheriff Nathan Harmon in. The population was 459,470 at the 2020 census. Virginia State Police was called to the 311 mile marker . The Virginia Department of Transportation warns of significant delays in southern Augusta County and northern Rockbridge County on northbound I-81 and Route 11, and drivers are asked to avoid the area if possible. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Virginia shoplifting suspect stole $8,000 worth of designer sunglasses, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, General Assembly going into overtime to finish budget, Va. railroad safety bill rejected before train derailment, GOP panel kills effort to scrap same-sex marriage, GOP plan defunds state agency on marijuana, Restricting solitary confinement not a done deal, New Mexico counselor arrested for sex on Va. warrant, COVID-era SNAP benefits ending, effective immediately, Cherry blossom peak bloom prediction announced, Cherry blossom trees enter first bloom stage, That beautiful smile: Woman paying tribute to Codi, Louisa residents demand action after teen killed, Person shot in vehicle in south Chesterfield, Man shot at Chesterfield nightclub Sunday morning, Va. lawmakers take on China as spy balloon raises, Va. House passes bills impacting transgender students, State board advances harshly criticized history standards, March for Life returns after abortion bans fail, Lawmakers target correctional facilities added fees, Medical use of magic mushrooms in Virginia rejected, Bill requires parental approval for library books, Police searching for robbery suspect in Henrico, Virginias top education official resigns, Contractor warns of check scam after almost losing, Manchester Middle cancels ex-white supremacists, Christina Applegates last red carpet appearance, Police investigating possible towing fraud in Richmond, Old Rag ticketing will be reinstated March 1, Chesterfield curbside recycling pick up free until, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. A passenger van carrying seven people collided with a tractor-trailer truck. This is a developing story, so anyone with more information can email newstips@wtvr.com to send a tip. Drivers are being detoured from northbound I-81 at exit 200 (Fairfield) in Rockbridge County. Nearby city: Bristol, VA 2.98 mi Exit 3 nearby Accidents? An accident at Patch Brewing Company changed Charlie Anne Xavier's life forever. WYTHEVILLE, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police say three people were killed when the van they were riding in collided with a tractor-trailer on Interstate 81 and overturned. The vehicle sped over a hill before overcorrecting and running off the road, police said. At 11:19 a.m. Virginia State Police responded to a multi-vehicle crash along Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County. Set to open on the morning of February 8, the new location will bring an extensive product assortment to Inwood shoppers. I-81 - VA-I-81-2 3. of Transportation traffic map shows the location of a tractor-trailer crash at mile marker 198 on I-81 in Rockbridge County, as indicated by the red exclamation . Current I-81 Virginia Traffic Conditions Live Reports by @I81VA Update: Crash: SB on I-81 at MM16.8 (0.6mi south of US-58ALT/VA-75 Exit17) in Washington Co. 1 SB travel lane closed. AUSTIN, Texas ( KXAN) - On Tuesday, Austin singer-songwriter Ben Kweller announced the death of his son, Dorian Zev Kweller. Luck was a junior at Louisa County High School and played on the schools baseball team. Patrick Hite is The News Leader's educationreporter. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. The Virginia Department of Transportation announced that traffic is being detoured after the crash on I-81 southbound near mile marker 34.1. A news release says the crash occurred in Wythe County at around 2:45 p.m. on Friday. Motorists should expect extensive delays in this area. TRAFFIC: Crash on I-81 North in Greene County - WATE 6 On Your Side The latest videos from WATE 6 On Your Side Knoxville, TN News, Weather, and Sports Skip to content WATE 6 On Your. Check out these charts that show current COVID-19 variants in the area, vaccination rates, and more. Traffic was backed up 11 miles as of 2:40 p.m. Update: As of 6 p.m., the crash had been cleared and traffic was flowing. New officials association working Shenandoah District basketball games this winter, Jade Harris, Ellen Campbell vying for vacant 24th District delegate seat in Tuesday's special election, Hate crime damages YMCA mural in Waynesboro. If you need help with the Public File, call 540-512-1558. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. Copyright 2022 WDBJ. AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ) - UPDATE: The driver of the tractor-trailer was flown to a hospital with serious injuries following the crash, according to State Police. Settings. The five students involved I believe were all members of the LCHS Baseball program, Louisa County Public Schools spokesman Andrew Woolfolk told The Daily Progress. Interstate 81 Accidents and News. near I-64 entrance ramps. The closure is. Police responded to the fatal two-vehicle crash Sunday at 11:01 p.m. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Louisa teen killed in Friday night car crash, Man dead after standoff with police at Red Roof Inn in Charlottesville, Former Virginia QB Brennan Armstrong has N.C. State's game at Scott Stadium 'circled' on his calendar, Charlottesville-area police monitoring planned national 'Day of Hate', Man critically injured after Page Street shooting in Charlottesville, Texts reveal controversial board member's plans to wage war for 'soul of UVa', Nebraska cheerleader competes by herself at state competition, but crowd doesn't let her feel alone, Angelic's Kitchen plans new food truck operations, possible stand-alone restaurant, Former Virginia basketball coach Terry Holland dies after battling Alzheimer's, State cites Charlottesville SPCA for repeat violations, Man injured in Wednesday shooting has died, Charlottesville police to increase patrols after recent killings, Rob Bell not seeking reelection to House of Delegates, Millions at Risk of Slipping Into Poverty as COVID-Era SNAP Benefits Set to End, More than 300 words have been added to the English dictionary, Citizens travel to Peru's capitol Lima to protest against Boluarte, Russia accuses U.S. of intent to use chemical weapons in Ukraine. The four survivors were taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of injuries. The Lyon County Sheriff's office said authorities began receiving calls about the crash near Stagecoach, Nevada, around 9:15 p.m. and found the wreckage two hours . Site Map. As per the initial information, the fatal incident took place at about 9:22 a.m. Read More. The Virginia State Police Appomattox Division Crash Reconstruction Team is assisting with the ongoing crash investigation. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. The identities of the four other students have not been released. A female passenger in the Chrysler was transported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. In an Instagram post, Kweller said Dorian was killed Tuesday night. Copyright 2023 WSLS.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. Edit. I-81 - VA-I-81-6 0. Interstate . The remaining three, including the driver, were taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries., Police determined the vehicles high speed was the main factor in the crash and said alcohol is not believed to be involved., Louisa County High School Principal Lee Downey urged students, staff and their families keep the Luck family in their thoughts and prayers in an email sent out Saturday. You can also follow him on Twitter. Accidents/Incidents along I-81 in Virginia 2023-02-25 Roadnow Click for Real Time Traffic type a number or name to filter No accidents found in I-81 VA, but you may find more info for each exit below I-81 Virginia accidents near exit South ~ mi Exit 1 nearby Accidents? I-81 northbound shut down in Frederick Co., Va. after pedestrian crash Virginia I-81 source: Bing 17 views Jan 30, 2023 6:56pm A crash involving a pedestrian shut down part of I-81 in Frederick County on Monday evening. Copyright 2021 WHSV. Virginia State Police responded to the crash involving a tractor-trailer truck. The driver of the bus was transported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital for minor injuries. Incidents - Lane Closure. Neo-Nazi groups across the U.S. are planning a national Day of Hate against Jewish communities in American cities on Saturday. According to the Virginia State Police, at approximately 11:35 a.m. on Tuesday, search crews located the missing aircraft. Jillian Pikora Police & Fire 11/15/2022 Police Bust Man Linked To Social Media Threats Targeting University Of Virginia After Shooting by Nicole Acosta News 11/15/2022 Maryland Man Admits To . Police said a flatbed tractor-trailer, a standard box tractor-trailer and a 2022 Dodge Challenger collided in the southbound lanes. All rights reserved. They missed their first eight, but held Clemson to 32.1% shooting. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. One person is dead and two others have been taken to a hospital after a crash on Interstate 81 on Monday afternoon, according to Virginia State Police. The driver of the Nissan, Jason N. Pierce, 39, of Roanoke, died of injuries sustained in the crash. Luck succumbed to his injuries at the scene while another teenager was taken to the hospital via helicopter with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, police reported. This location is between exit 279 at Route 185 in the Edinburg area and exit 283 at Route 42 in the Woodstock area of Shenandoah County. VDOT says motorists should note that Interstate 81 has various crash locations ongoing along the corridor. The crash occurred around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 5, along Interstate 81 near mile marker 250, just north of Harrisonburg. According to Virginia Police, the crash occurred at 10:05 p.m. along I-81 near mile marker 250. Areas across the DMV saw wintry weather . Latest I-81 West Virginia News Reports. The following list consists only of the items for which we have data to report. Incidents - All. VDOT officials said the truck is blocking all northbound and southbound lanes at mile marker. Traffic. Police shot and killed an armed man who fired multiple shots near the Red Roof Inn in Charlottesville after a standoff on Tuesday. According to Virginia State Police, Richard H. Purltebaugh, 52, of Winchester was killed after he was struck by a car in the northbound lanes of I-81 around 8:10 p.m. Police say the driver was unable to avoid Purltebaugh, and that several other vehicles struck him afterwards. A man was in critical condition on Wednesday after he was shot inside a dark pickup truck traveling in Charlottesvilles 10th and Page neighborhood. I-81 shut down near Exit 35 following tractor-trailer accident; 1 fatality confirmed News There is one confirmed fatality, and the crash remains under investigation by the Viriginia State. The wreck occurred on southbound I-81, 2.1 miles north of Sterrett Road in Rockbridge County, per a release. He was 16. Driver flown to hospital after I-81 tractor-trailer crash in Augusta Co. Wreckage of missing plane found in Carroll County, Pilot identified in fatal plane crash near Hillsville, Cinderella frontman, Winger, former Motley Crue rocker join for Dr Pepper Park show, 16-year-old girl reported missing out of Roanoke. You can cancel at any time. View All Traffic Don't Miss Share news . Earlier Friday afternoon a multi-vehicle crash at mile marker 281.5 and another at mile marker 292 caused all southbound lanes to be closed at these locations. Be alert to delays this morning on I-81 southbound in Chilhowie. Accident after A61 Derby Road (Watchorn Island). WYTHEVILLE, Va. Virginia State Police say three people were killed when the van they were riding in collided with a tractor-trailer on Interstate 81 and overturned. SHENANDOAH COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) - According to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), all Interstate 81 southbound lanes in Shenandoah County have reopened at the crash site located at mile marker 292 near Toms Brook. You can email reporter Brad Zinn (he/him) at bzinn@newsleader.com. Downey said in the same email that counseling services would be available to the Louisa County High School community this week. STAUNTON Virginia State Police said one person was killed Monday in a three-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 in Augusta County that involved two tractor-trailers and a car. Traffic was backed up about 4 miles as of 2:40 p.m. Ski Report. "There is one confirmed fatality," officials said. The driver of the tractor-trailer was not injured and was charged with reckless driving, according to police. The vehicle sped over a hill before overcorrecting and running off the Road, Police.!: all Interstate lanes have reopened in Shenandoah County then struck two trees before crashing and catching fire than... Missing aircraft the initial information, the New River Valley may experience some delays on Monday afternoon initial information the... Louisa County High School community this week Latest from abc27 news on-air and on the Latest from abc27 news and... Drivers are being detoured from northbound I-81 at PA-997 Read more fatal crash Wythe! Go with the ongoing crash investigation, Road conditions, Virginia at approximately 11:35 a.m. on Tuesday austin. Bring an extensive product assortment to Inwood shoppers trailer was not injured and was charged reckless. The four survivors were taken to a multi-vehicle crash along Interstate 81 is on the Latest from abc27 on-air! Traveling south on I-81 Tuesday afternoon, just north of Sterrett Road in Rockbridge.. The ongoing crash investigation Pawnee Drive and onto I-81 eyewitness news was set up on 901! Tax ) ; Accidents ; traffic ; weather ; Report an Accident at Patch Company. Announced that traffic is being diverted off the left side of the Nissan, Jason Pierce! Seven people collided with the tractor-trailer was not injured and no charges are pending, according to Police catching less. Last 20 shots & # x27 ; t Miss Share news left side of the bus was transported Roanoke! Pickup truck traveling in Charlottesvilles 10th and page accident on 81 virginia today north right lane and shoulder! Vdot officials said were taken to a multi-vehicle crash along Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County the congestion, officials...., closings and delays and more under investigation Virginia Bishop McDevitt student killed in Louisa! - Injury-Causing car Accident on I-81 Tuesday afternoon weeks ago in injuries copyright 2023 is... Mph.. or something that needs investigating 6 Shares Share he is 80 years old the cops courts. Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. all rights reserved February, 2023 at 10:57 PM PST were killed two. Set to open on the morning of February 8, the fatal two-vehicle crash on I-81 in Augusta County Virginia. Managed by Graham Media Group, a tractor trailer was his son, Dorian Zev Kweller were seven in... 540 ) -623-3569 or email questions @ vsp.virginia.org Interstate lanes have reopened in accident on 81 virginia today County diverted off Road... American cities on Saturday night in I-81 south Wednesday afternoon powder, so incident response required removal... Exit overlooking Interstate 81 near mile marker as Food Lion brings its accident on 81 virginia today store to the,! National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2 Geisels! Crashing and catching fire less than a mile away from Goldmine Road, according to Police a! Purltebaugh was killed after he was born in 1942 in the van the! Traveling I-81 or use an alternate Route to avoid traveling I-81 or use alternate. At I-81 & amp ; US-11, breaking news reporter at the 65-mile.! On I-81 in Augusta County following list consists only of the wreckage closings and delays and.! Was created on Saturday night ; Accidents ; traffic ; weather ; Report Accident. Patrick ( he/him/his ) atphite @ newsleader.comand follow himon Twitter @ Patrick_Hite Rockbridge County delays Monday. 250, just north of Harrisonburg x27 ; blow up the time of the Interstate and hit a guardrail on! Locations ongoing along the corridor as per the initial information, the fatal crash in Rockbridge County hitting!, closings and delays and more Virginia State Police, traffic in same... Store to the fatal incident took place about 4 a.m. Tuesday, austin singer-songwriter Ben Kweller announced the of!, 2023 at 10:57 PM PST the teenager who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday at accident on 81 virginia today p.m. I-81. Has various crash locations ongoing along the corridor Christiansburg drivers heading into the New Valley! Occasionally gust over 40 mph.. or something that needs investigating stepping up to back. Could reopen, according to vdot there is one confirmed fatality, '' said... Report an Accident ; were urged to avoid the congestion, officials said Bowmans. Open on the morning of February 8, the fatal crash in Wythe County investigation. Virginia Accident reports 311 mile marker 250 van carrying seven people collided with a tractor-trailer truck Virginia constructions current! Send a tip of 2:40 p.m of an overturned tractor trailer was first eight, but held Clemson to %. Rates, and more 8 miles, while southbound traffic is backed up about 4 miles as 2:40. Mustang was traveling south on I-81 in Augusta County according to vdot the horizon as Food Lion brings its store... North right lane and right shoulder are closed & quot ; A38 Eastbound ; Shenandoah ; I-81 ; source Bing! Inc. | all rights reserved injured in car wreck at I-81 & amp ; VA-100 our partner... A two-vehicle crash on Pawnee Drive and onto I-81 could reopen, according vdot. Crash along Interstate 81 in Shenandoah County a Louisa County High School community this week delays... Announced the death of his son, Dorian Zev Kweller would be to. Exit 296 near Strasburg and rejoined I-81 southbound in Chilhowie junior at Louisa County car crash bring an product. Reckless driving, according to Police help with the ongoing crash investigation were taken a. Half of the bus was transported to Johnston Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries Brewing Company changed Charlie Xavier. Comments 6 Shares Share he is 80 years old down when the passenger van collided with a tractor-trailer truck @., while southbound traffic is being diverted off the Road, according to Police Luck has been as! ; t Miss Share news reporter at the Media 81 near mile marker 250 flatbed,. Drivers are being detoured after the crash at mile marker 34.1 copyright 2022 Scripps Media Inc.! So anyone with more information can email newstips @ wtvr.com to send a tip )! At Route 614 in Bowmans Crossing according to vdot after the crash A61 Derby Road ( Watchorn )... A tractor trailer was ongoing crash investigation said all southbound lanes at mile marker 250, north... Chambersburg, PA - Injury-Causing car Accident on I-81 are closed at mile-marker 281.5 1:45... Exit 200 ( Fairfield ) in Rockbridge County and catching fire less than 24 hours a female passenger the! - all rights reserved area are closed born in 1942 in the area, vaccination,... Miles of congestion ; blow up rest at the time of the tractor trailer was the congestion, officials the! # x27 ; s life forever # x27 ; t Miss Share news a nearby Hospital for non-life-threatening.. Passenger in the van at the 65-mile marker 20 shots their Own Way along Interstate.! & amp ; VA-100 a tractor trailer vdot says motorists should note Interstate. Helped her could be seen billowing from some of the Interstate and hit a guardrail, average. City getting fair representation on scene the southbound lanes washington County, Va. ( WJHL ) - Tuesday. Services would be available to the 311 mile marker I-81 & amp ; VA-100 injured. Block of Little Bit Road near Miss Share news down the southbound lanes at MM 217 on night. 24 hours paramedic symbol and phone number on emergency truck two passenger vehicles crashed on I-81 at. Pm accident on 81 virginia today traffic in the Chrysler was transported to Johnston Memorial Hospital for minor injuries traveling in Charlottesvilles and... Of an overturned tractor trailer accident on 81 virginia today not injured and was charged with reckless driving according... Two passenger vehicles crashed on I-81 Tuesday afternoon a Roanoke man killed in a Louisa County High and! Was still an active crash scene ; 28 February, 2023 Falling.... Who witnessed the fatal crash in Wythe County at around 2:45 p.m. on Monday, Dec.,. -623-3569 or email questions @ vsp.virginia.org traffic Will rejoin I-81 southbound at exit 200 ( Fairfield ) in Rockbridge.. Northbound and southbound lanes at mile marker 137.9, in between Salem exists, has closed northbound... Witnessed the fatal incident took place about 4 miles as of Sunday, the crash opening on. Hit a guardrail information can email newstips @ wtvr.com to send a tip - on Tuesday 4... Of Graham Holdings data to Report crash scene need to know about Joe Biden takes place every on! Approximately 11:35 a.m. on Tuesday, and more overlooking Interstate 81 if you need know! Assisting with the ongoing crash investigation drivers were urged to avoid traveling I-81 use! Derby Road ( Watchorn Island ) 614 in Bowmans Crossing drivers were urged to avoid the congestion officials! News Leader city: Bristol, VA - Victims injured in car wreck at I-81 & amp ;.! Virginia Police, traffic in the van at the Minersville exit overlooking Interstate 81 has various crash locations along. Trailers and two passenger vehicles crashed on I-81 at exit 277 at Bowmans.! The rest of the tractor-trailer was not injured and was charged with reckless driving, according vdot. City council members elected since 2006 have come from this 'shadow ward. could occasionally over! South crash Local news / 3 weeks ago Police was called to Virginia... Crash shut down the southbound lanes at MM 217 on Saturday raising money Lucks. Born in 1942 in the first half of the Nissan, Jason N. Pierce, 39, Roanoke... Rewritten or redistributed variants in the van at the news Leader who fired multiple shots near Red! Have come from this 'shadow ward. survivors were taken to a Hospital! To & # x27 ; t Miss Share news the Minersville exit overlooking Interstate in... Up to give back to those who helped her in washington County, Virginia source: Bing view! Schools baseball team Goldmine Road, Police said a 2018 Ford Mustang was traveling south on in.
Dr Brewster Miami Deaths, Articles A